John Allie is a web developer and graphics professional with extensive experience in a variety of fields and applications.
- Web development
- HTML5, CSS3, PHP
- Static page generator
- Web frameworks
- Angular, Django
- Graphics and 3D
- Blender, Adobe CC
- Game engines
- Unity, Unreal, PlayCanvas
- Operating systems
- Linux, Windows, OSX
- QGIS, GDAL, PDAL
- Esri CityEngine
Kongsberg Digital SimulationKongsberg Digital Simulation is one of the world's leading producers of maritime simulation training equipment. Senior Database Developer. Groton, Connecticut. October 2012 - Present
Using 3D graphics and geospatial data, create digital simulation environments representing real-world locations for use in training scenarios. Update and maintain a library of digital assets. Perform QA and testing on cutting-edge simulation and realtime-graphics software.
- Taught end-user training classes in the US, Norway, Canada, and the Netherlands
- Produced HTML/CSS templates for interactive documentation
- Worked with management to evaluate modern graphics engines as replacements for legacy components, in order to reduce the costs of data production and maintenance
- Wrote documentation of software products and processes for both customers and internal use
- Created scripts to automate and streamline workflow
- Met with developers of third-party software to communicate our business requirements and discuss improvements
- Developed concepts and software solutions for in-house production problems in concert with colleagues from other departments and offices
As contractorCreated websites and graphics for a variety of clients as a contractor December 2010 - present
Design and implement original websites using either WordPress or static HTML/CSS, depending on client’s needs. Research and adapt existing software technologies to enhance site functionality. Provide ongoing support and SEO for client’s web presence.
Kaplowe StudiosKaplowe Studios produces audio and video media for commercial clients. Animation and Graphics Artist. Woodbridge, Connecticut. Spring 2012.
Create 3D motion graphics for educational and marketing applications.
- Implemented an automated rendering workflow
- Provided consulting services on SEO and web presence
XVIVO Scientific AnimationXVIVO produces animations illustrating biological and chemical processes for education and biotech industries. Graphics Intern. Rocky Hill, Connecticut. Summer 2010
Create 3D assets for use in animation.
BFA, University of Connecticut at Storrs. Summa cum laude, 2010.